The other night Ludmilla and I were hanging out after dinner watching tv when she says, “I really wish I had some cake right now.” I was like, ok…Again she says five minutes later, “I really want something sweet”. I said nothing. She then said, “I should make a cake”…I got the hint. This meant, if you don’t make something sweet soon, I’m gonna freak out! So I got busy the next day and did my duty…I made her an upside down peach cake!
We had bought some beautiful peaches at the market and with the few we had left I decided to try a peach upside down cake!! Of course we’ve all had the same old pineapple upside down cake that your aunt made, but a peach one!…HELLLLOOOO! Even I started craving this cake before I was done making it! Make sure you use just ripe peaches for this dessert. It’s a perfect fruit/cake combination as it’s not too sweet but satisfies that sugar craving we all get sometimes (especially Ludmilla!) You can top it with powdered sugar, whipped cream or even ice cream!! It’s super easy and my friend…you’ll eat the whole thing!!!
- 3/4 c. butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2-3 c. sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2. c. milk
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. (I used a springform pan which make taking it out easy). Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Beijos e Tchau!!
Ludmilla and Marilyn Chudda