A healthy and nutritious sweet potato and brussels sprout hash that could be served with any meal. Pump up your meals with this flavor “packed” hearty dish. Since Marilyn made this hash I’ve been obsessed with it!! The mix of the veggie flavors together are unbelievably perfect with the fatty smoked bacon. We had this hash with breakfast and also with dinner. You can fry an egg to go along with it or serve it along side with any fish or meat… that would be just delicious!
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 1 in. dice, blanched until crisp firm and cooled in an ice bath.
- 2 lbs. brussels sprouts, trimmed, sliced and blanched for 1 minute. Cool in ice bath.
- 1½ c. bacon, diced and cooked until semi crisp and drained on a paper towel
- 2 T. shallots, minced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 1 T. fresh thyme, chopped
- White wine
- Unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 3 T. butter.
- When hot add sweet potatoes and sauté until warmed through and slightly browned.
- Add brussels sprouts, shallots, garlic and thyme and sauté again for approximately 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Deglaze with ½ c. white wine.
- Reduce and add bacon.
- Saute until well combined. Add 1-2 T. more butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with eggs, steak, veggies or your favorite topping.
Have you watched “HUMAN“? It’s a New Film by Yann Arthus Bertrand. I haven’t watched the whole movie, only trailers from people of different countries and backgrounds that have been interviewed. Some of the interviews brought chills, others tears.
We all have life struggles and those struggles makes us all individuals. Everyone has a past, has a story to tell, some great and unfortunately some bad. Some of us struggle to have food on the table, struggle to survive against all odds. In the end we all want love!
Beijos e Tchau!
Ludmilla and Marilyn Chudda