We bought some meyer lemons the other day because, WE LOVE THEM. We don’t always have them here in Seattle so we always snatch them up. So, I was (Marilyn ) seriously craving a different kind of chicken wing (we love our wings in our house :). Remember when we made the piri piri shrimp? Well…I had an idea and it was delicious!! The quick preserved meyer lemon from the piri piri sauce and the marinade make an amazing chicken wing! Who knew?? I added some maple syrup to create a sweet/spicy mix and we loved it! I really love it when I can use recipes for different uses and this is a perfect example!! You could make a double batch of the piri piri sauce/perserved lemon and use it for surf and turf!!! Give this one a try and let me know what you think. This sweet and spicy Meyer lemon wings is one of my favorite wing recipes now!!
Have you seen this video!! OMG!! The cutest boy ever!!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings,
- 1 c. maple syrup
- 1 recipe [piri piri marinade http://brazilianflairintheusa.com/piri-piri-shrimp-wrap/]
- Place wings with Piri Piri/maple marinade into a ziplock bag and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put a baking rack on top.
- Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and place evenly over the baking rack. Reserve the marinade.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- While wings are baking, place reserved marinade in a sauce pan, adding ¼-1/2 c. more maple syrup depending on the sweetness desired.
- Boil the mixture for 5-8 minutes, until thick. Set aside.
- When wings are done, toss with reserved sauce and serve topped with meyer lemon peel.
Beijos e Tchau!
Ludmilla and Marilyn Chudda