I love steak, and I love salad! So what a better combination than a steak salad right? Here’s a delicious and quick meal I put together with, or course, ingredients I got at the farmers market. It was so fresh, crisp, delicious and of course local!!! We loved it! So here’s what I bought at the farmers market and how I used it:
- Spring garlic-vinaigarette
- Spring onions-grilled for salad
- Oregano, radishes,spring greens
- Roma tomatoes-chopped for salad
Spring garlic vinaigrette:
- 5-stalks green garlic chopped (I know it sounds like a lot, but it’s super mild, no cloves have formed yet.)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T. honey
- 1/4-1/2 C. red wine vinegar
- 3/4-1 1/2 C. extra virgin olive oil
Put chopped garlic, honey , vinegar , salt, pepper and dijon in a blender to combine. Slowly add olive oil in a steady stream to emulsify. Add more honey, salt or pepper to taste.
For the salad you’ll need to:
Grill the spring onions by cutting in half lengthwise, drizzling with olive oil and salt and pepper and grill until tender. Set aside until cooled and chop for salad.
Other ingredients to add:
- Sliced radish
- Diced avocado
- Chopped oregano
- Chopped, grilled spring onion
- Diced English cucumber
- Diced roma tomato
- Spring garden greens
- Feta cheese
I used ribeye steak for my salad…
For me it’s the most flavorful steak because of it’s marbling and fat content…but feel free to use whatever cut you like best!!!!
Mix with the spring garlic vinaigarette and top with feta cheese!!
Grill it up, slice and top on the salad!! Easy Peasy!!!
Beijos e Tchau!!