Seared tuna is so versatile…hot, cold…or a mixture of both! I was craving salad and had just bought some ahi tuna so it was a no brainer..a seared tuna salad! This was so refreshing and light! A great lunch or light dinner idea with loads of color, flavor and crunch! You can literally make this salad out of whatever you have around. Nuts, seeds, lettuces, vegetables…be creative and make what you love. Also, use whatever amounts of veggies you want and enjoy…. I used what I had in my fridge and made a delicious sesame ginger vinaigrette to go with it. This is one of my faves!
Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
- ⅓-1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3-4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
In a blender combine all ingredients until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 4 c. shredded red or green cabbage or a mixture of both
- 2 c. napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 c. shredded carrots
- 2 c. edamame beans, cooked and shelled
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled and seeded
- 1 c. toasted almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Seared tuna:
- 1 lb. sustainable, sushi grade ahi tuna
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Heat olive oil in large sauté pan on medium high heat. Season tuna with salt and pepper and place in hot pan searing 1 minute on each side keeping tuna rare. Cut into thin slices.
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients well. Toss with vinaigrette. Place seared, sliced ahi tuna over salad and garnish with sesame seeds. ENJOY!!
Have a great weekend!!
Beijos e Tchau!