This quick one pot chicken with rice, broccoli and cheddar is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something fast, almost no cleanup and is simply delicious.
Let’s be honest that there’s nothing better than an easy and quick dinner during the week. Most of us get home from work and dread trying to make a great meal when we’re tired and done with our day. Well This is another great one pot chicken dinner that we just loved. It’s fast, healthy, delicious and super satisfying! We combined chicken, broccoli, rice, bacon and cheese for a one pot dish that will be done in 30 minutes! We’ve made many other one pot chicken dishes like the Brazilian One Pot Chicken and Rice the recipe most viewed on our blog. Also, we have the One Pot Wild Rice with Guacamole and One Pot Pork Rice with Plantains and now this chicken with rice, broccoli and cheddar that everyone loved and we think this will be another favorite! It’s a great way to have your protein, veggies and carbs all in one meal!! We seared the chicken First, then lightly cooked the bacon for great added flavor, then added the rice. As the dish was almost done we added the broccoli to keep it crisp and then the delicious cheddar. Before we knew it dinner was done and on the table! What a quick and easy weeknight meal!!
Link of the day…
“Elite Yelpers are Not Trying to be Professional Restaurant Reviewers”. I have to admit that the other day we want to have happy hour at a restaurant close to our house, to support locals and also to avoid driving and traffic. Marilyn metro editor a few names of restaurants and I said to look at the reviews. I think we all have become “slaves” to reviews. Do I believe all the reviews, especially the bad ones? Are they real and fair? Nope!! Some people are just ridiculous with their expectations. We always love to check out a restaurant even if the reviews are not five stars and make our own conclusions.
- 6 ea. Chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- Olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 11 oz. broccoli florets
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 1 T. Dried oregano
- 2½ c. White, long grained rice
- 4 c. Chicken stock
- 2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a large saute pan heat 3 T. Olive oil over medium heat.
- Season chicken on both sides.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in heated pan.
- Sear until golden and flip over to brown on other side.
- Take chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Pour out half of chicken fat from the pan and leave the rest.
- Place diced bacon into the same pan and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Do not let the bacon get crispy.
- Add onions, garlic and oregano and saute until golden.
- Add rice and stir to saute for 1 minute.
- Nestle chicken into the rice and add 3¾ c of the stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until rice is done and chicken is at 160F.
- Add broccoli florets, remaining stock and ½ of the shredded cheddar.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until broccoli is fork tender.
- Add remaining cheddar.
- Let dish sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Beijos and Tchau!