This delicious pumpkin bundt cake filled with brigadeiro and covered with dulce de leche and toasted coconut on top will be your new obsession.
We LOVE pumpkin so much! We just used it in our pumpkin risotto, and we were dying to use it in a sweet dessert. Well we created one that we loved so much that we had to give it all away before we ate the whole cake ourselves!!!
This pumpkin cake with brigadeiro filling is the best of Brazil and the USA! In Brazil they use small amounts of pumpkin, and Ludmilla’s first pumpkin dessert was here in the US. Even our friends in France admit that pumpkin isn’t as big a deal as we make it here. So we took our favorite flavors and combined them in this amazing dessert that will become a new favorite for fall!
We all know that Americans are CRAZY for pumpkin !! How many times have we seen people crying for pumpkin lattes, cookies, cakes…..in AUGUST?? Crazy right?
We also know that Brazilians are all about brigadeiro, Dulce de leche and coconut….have you figured this out yet???
Here it is…we filled this delicious American pumpkin cake with sweet and luscious Brazilian brigadeiro, then topped this beauty with dulce de leche and toasted coconut….my oh my…this is a definite favorite in our recipe files!! This is so easy and is the best fall dessert for fall, or even a decadent breakfast with a hot cup of coffee. Forget Starbucks pumpkin desserts and make this international fall cake that will become a staple at your home!!!
Link of the day…
One day in Paris would never be enough! Every time when we travel the most important things for us is the food. I would love to do this tour “How to Eat Your Way Through 24 Perfect Hours in Paris” .
- 1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin purée
- 4 eggs
- ½ c. Vegetable oil
- ⅔ c. Water
- 2 c. Granulated sugar
- ½ c. Applesauce
- 3½ c. All purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. Ground ginger
- Brigadeiro (here)
- 1 can Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a large Bundt pan and set aside
- In a kitchenaid mixer combine pumpkin purée, eggs, oil, water, sugar and applesauce until well blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix, adding a little at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Pour half of the pumpkin cake batter into the Bundt pan.
- Pour Brigadiero evenly on top of the cake batter and spread lightly with a skewer.
- Pour the remaining cake batter over the top of of the brigadeiro.
- Place into the oven and bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out semi wet (the brigadeiro may still create wetness on the toothpick).
- Let cake sit in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- When almost cooled, heat dulce de leche over medium heat until pourable.
- Drizzle over the cake, then top with toasted coconut.
Beijos and Tchau!