These sliders made with Brazi Bites cheese bread and topped with mini salmon cakes are moist, delicious and gluten free.
It’s Wednesday! That means another great recipe using delicious Brazi Bites! Here in the Northwest we love our fresh fish, especially salmon. We had made a delicious dinner of salmon cakes with salad last week and we knew right away that this would be our next recipe! We made a moist and delicious mini salmon cake and topped it with a creamy tartar slaw, then wedged this all between a warm and cheesy Brazi Bite. Delicious! These would be perfect as appetizers for a party or game day.
Simple, healthy and delicious, these will disappear when you serve them!
Link of the day…
Did you read this article “This Is What a Dishwasher Actually Does to Your knife”? This is probably the only thing I am fanatic about the knives NEVER GO IN THE DISHWASHER, they are an expensive investment and needs to be handled with care.
- For the salmon cakes
- ½ pound fresh salmon
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 T. Unsalted butter
- ¾ c. Red onion, small diced
- 1½ c. Celery, small diced
- ½ c. Red pepper, small diced
- ½ c. Yellow pepper, small diced
- ¼ c. Fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 T. Capers, drained and chopped
- ½ tsp. Tabasco
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp. Old Bay
- 1 c. Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ c. Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs, beaten
- For the tartar slaw
- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- ¼ c. Sweet pickles, diced
- 1 T. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. Granulated sugar
- 5 ea. Malagueta peppers (or peppers of your choice), optional
- Coleslaw mix of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a baking sheet pan lightly drizzle olive oil over salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook salmon 15-20 minutes, until just done.
- Cool and flake salmon into pieces into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saute pan, heat 2 T. Butter and 2 T.
- Olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, red pepper, yellow pepper, parsley, capers, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Sauté until vegetables are softened, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- To the flaked salmon, add the Panko, mayonnaise, mustard and eggs.
- Mix well. Add the vegetable mixture and combine.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Shape into 2 in. Mini salmon cakes and set aside.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add remaining 2 T. Butter and 2 T. Olive oil.
- Add salmon cakes in batches and fry 3-4 minutes on each side until golden.
- Keep warm until ready to make sliders.
- For the tartar sauce slaw
- Combine mayonnaise, pickles, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and peppers until mixed.
- Add desired amount of sauce to slaw.
- Cook Brazi Bites as directed.
- Slice in half and add slaw and salmon cakes to make the sliders.
Don’t Forget to PIN on your Brazilian Cheese Bread/Bread or Gluten Free Boards on Pinterest!!
Beijos and Tchau!