This amazing pomegranate lentil rice is bursting with fresh herbs and flavors. The sweet-tart pomegranate allows little bursts of color and juice, which complement the chewy, earthy French lentils. It’s perfect for the Thanksgiving table or any seasonal meal. The dish is both gluten-free and vegetarian.
As a Brazilian I know rice, I know how to cook rice and I appreciate so much a perfectly cooked “al dente” rice. I really need to make a Brazilian rice for the blog. It’s delicious! I have to confess that when I learned to make rice with my grandma everything was explained to me without measurements . I’ve always been making rice or any Brazilian food by heart. I have made Brazilian rice before and I forgot to write down amounts to post it on the blog. Bummer!!
I wish I have the perfect words to describe how flavorful is this rice. Every bite is an explosion of fresh flavors. It’s flavorful, beautiful and so EASY to make.
Did you know what Uber has been doing lately? They started a new service this summer in California. It’s Uber Wine!! That’s an amazing idea!!!
- ½ c. brown lentils
- 1 c. long grain rice
- 2 c. vegetable stock
- 1 T. butter
- 1 c. pomegranate seeds
- ½ c. sliced green onion
- ¼ c. fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ c. fresh chopped mint
- kosher salt and pepper
- Cook the lentils in boiling salted water until tender, 10-14 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Bring 2 c. stock and 1 T. butter to a boil.
- Add the rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, 15-18 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and combine with lentils, green onion, cilantro, mint and pomegranate seeds.
Beijos e Tchau!