Whenever Ludmilla and I go grocery shopping we’re always looking for seasonal, local and different ingredients to use. Now of course there are so many ingredients to use for the holidays! We found pomegranate seeds and juice at a great price at our local market and we snatched them up. So….it was my job to find a great recipe to use them in. Of course the choices are endless, but….since we did a savory dish (here) already I decided on a dessert. This turned out so amazing!! I found a great recipe online at The Harried Cook website, and made a few changes for my personal preference. OMG…..we died over this!! Besides being delicious, this cake is beautiful and would make a great holiday dessert for a party. We think you’ll love it!! EAT UP!!
Pomegranate Bundt Cake
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
4 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. plus 3 T. creme fraiche
2/3 cup pomegranate seeds (plus a handful for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Sift the flour with the baking soda, and set aside.
3. In a Kitchenaid mixer or hand mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
4. Add the zest, the vanilla, and the four egg yolks, and continue creaming for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the flour-soda mixture in three parts, alternating with the creme fraiche added in two parts. (You start and end with the flour mixture)
6. In a clean bowl, using a clean whisk (or whisk attachments) beat the egg whites until stiff.
7. Fold the egg whites into the batter gently until completely incorporated.
8. Gently stir in the pomegranate seeds.
9. Pour batter into greased and floured bundt pan, and bake until the top is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
10. Remove from the oven, and allow to rest in the baking tin for 10 minutes.
11. Turn out of the pan, and allow it to cool completely on a cooling rack.
12. When cool, drizzle over the pomegranate icing and garnish with more fresh pomegranate seeds.
1/4 c. fresh pomegranate juice
1 tsp lime juice
2 c. powdered sugar
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth and light.
2. Adjust the quantity of powdered sugar to make the glaze thinner or thicker, if desired.
We have a video also on our Instagram (here). Follow us there!!
Beijos e Tchau!