This tangy yet sweet orange pecan cranberry sauce lives up to any food that you decide to pair it with. Every bit is an explosion of flavors mixed with the crunchiness of the pecans. It’s fast, easy and you can make it ahead. Also, it’s a great gift if you decide to put into a mason jar to offer to your family, friends and neighbors.
Every year we go to Marilyn’s aunts for Thanksgiving. Every year, every one brings something. Pão-de-queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread) is our food that people LOVE. This year we are planning to bring more side dishes. What we know is that we want make-ahead recipes on our Thanksgiving Day. We want to create dishes that can be prepared at least a day in advance and simply reheated right before serving. That’s our main goal for this year and I think this orange pecan cranberry sauce sums up everything that I just said.
I really want make this cranberry sauce to give as gift for my neighbors!!
- 1 lb. fresh cranberries
- 2 c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 T. orange peel
- 2 T. orange juice
- ¼ c. minced dried apricot
- ¼ c. minced candied ginger
- ¼ c. bourbon
- ½ c. chopped, toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg orange peel, orange juice, dried apricots and candied ginger in a 9x13 in. baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-50min until thickenend and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in bourbon and pecans.
- Refrigerate or keep at room temperature to serve.
I wish I had money to buy “The House That Julia Built“. My dream is to spend Fall and Winter in France and come back to Seattle in Spring and Summer. Not bad at all, right?!
Beijos e Tchau!