This one pot Brazilian sausage with rice requires only one pot and a few ingredients. In 30 minutes including prepping and cooking, you have this delicious meal on the table! This couldn’t be easier and no mess! Yep, we’re talking ONE pot to cook the entire meal which means there’s ONE pot to clean at the end. Isn’t that great?!
Whenever I don’t have something planned for dinner, I start digging around in my refrigerator to search for dinner and most of the time I end up making one pot rice. This rice is simply delicious! To make this one pot Brazilian sausage with rice we used Portuguese sausage (linguiça) that we use in Brazil, bacon, black beans, lots of cilantro and green onions. The final touch… we squeezed a couple of limes on top. I love my one pot meal with lots of beans and sausage. If you think it’s too much or it wasn’t enough you can modify the amount of these ingredients. If you need more ideas for one pot meals we have One Pot Brazilian Chicken with Rice (the most viewed recipe on the blog!), One Pot Chicken with Broccoli, Brazilian Flair Wild Rice and many more one pot recipes.
Link of the day…
I really want to try try Cacio e Pepe Chips!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp mashed garlic
- 4 Portuguese sausage (2 packages) thickly sliced
- 2 cups cooked bacon
- 4 cups long grain rice
- 2 box (320z - 946ml) organic chicken stock
- 2 cans drained black beans
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- Green onions and cilantro for garnish
- 2 limes juice
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the onions and let cook until caramelize.
- Add the diced sausage.
- Allow to cook until browned. Flip the sausage pieces and brown on the other side.
- Add the garlic and let cook for 30 seconds or until gold.
- Add the rice and stir well.
- Add the drained beans and the dry oregano. Stir well.
- Add the the chicken stock until cover the rice.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the rice mixture come to a boil and allow the liquid level to reduce until the rice starts peeking out of the top.
- Add more stock if it needs. Usually does.
- If the rice on top is cooked but in the bottom isn't stir slowly the rice trying to bring to the top the uncooked rice and add a little bit more chicken stock.
- After the rice is done add the cooked bacon and the green onions and cilantro.
- Squeeze the lime juice on top.
Don’t forget to PIN one your One Pot/Gluten Free/Rice boards on PINTEREST!!
Beijos and Tchau!