These Nutella cupcakes stuffed with dulce de leche ice cream and topped off with warm dulce de leche is super decadent and has become our favorite indulgence. It’s so easy to make, you will need only three ingredients to have a super moist and rich Nutella cupcake.
If you read the last post we mentioned that we are doing the Whole30 and if you are wondering if we gave up less than twenty-four hours into it… no we didn’t it. We made a lot of recipes before starting this diet because we knew we would not be able to try anything. I don’t know if you are like us regarding diets, but every time we start a diet the week before we eat everything in sight!… lol.
So, this recipe combines two ingredients that we love so much: Nutella and dulce de leche! We served the Nutella cupcake warm along with the dulce de leche. The dulce de leche ice cream breaks the richness of the Nutella cupcakes and the warm dulce de leche brings the last touch to not let you forget that the combination of these two ingredients are perfect together.
I read this super interesting article “What, Reserve a table? Cubans Confront a New Dining Culture” in The New York Times showing how Cubans are experiencing new things after three generations of communism. I can’t to wait to see Cuban cuisine infusing with other cuisines!! I am pretty sure it will be an amazing surprise.
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ c. Nutella
- 1 c. flour
- Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- Dulce de Leche
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs well. Add Nutella and mix until smooth.
- Fold in flour until just combined.
- Spray a muffin tin (12 or 6) with pan spray and divide dough into tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes (25 if using larger tins) or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack before removing from tins.
- Slice muffin top off and top muffin bottom with ice cream.
- Warm Dulce de Leche over medium heat until creamy and spreadable.
- Drizzle over ice cream and place muffin top over.
Beijos and Tchau!