Naughty Brazilian hot chocolate is a homemade Christmas gift that any adult who loves to spike their hot chocolate, would love to receive from you. It’s another Brazilian flair on this customized hot chocolate in a mason jar.
These days I appreciate everything that is homemade, because time at least for us it has become something very rare, something that we are not used to having anymore. We really wanted to create something simple, fast but still be our signature gift for some friends and family. This year we didn’t make our Christmas card to send away, so this Brazilian hot chocolate would represent the family.
I wanted to make this gift as Brazilian as I could. I used Nescau, a powered chocolate that I drank my whole childhood along with Ninho a dry whole milk. I added dulce de leche which I put into a little jam container that I had and added mini marshmallows. The final Brazilian touch that I gave this was the Novo Fogo cachaça that I tied to the bottle.
As you see this recipe is really simple, and the ingredients look just beautiful all layered in a big, tall mason jar.
I love to read The New York Times – Modern Love. I linked so many articles from them. I read “An extra Angel on top of the Tree” that brought tears to my eyes. It never disappoints! It is a beautiful essay!!
- ½ cup Nescau - cocoa powder
- 1½ cups Ninho - dry milk powder
- 1 little container for the dulce de leche
- 1 little bottle of cachaça
- 1 cup of marshmallows
- Using a jar with a lid or a sealing lid, pour dry milk into the jar and then a layer of cocoa.
- I used a spoon to pour everything in very slowly so I wouldn't mess up the layers.
- Top those layers with the little container of dulce de leche, and add mini marshmallows to fill the jar.
- Seal the jar and tie the mini bottle of cachaça to the outside with a cord.
- Add the tag.
- Attach a card with these preparations and directions.
- Take the marshmallows off the top and set aside.
- Add the jar ingredients to a saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- Stir the mixture until it is combined and hot and pour into mugs.
- Add the cachaça.
- Top with marshmallows.