Mousse raspberry pie is the perfect pie for those that don’t like very sweet desserts. It’s basically made with sour cream and loads of raspberries.
My uncle (Me, Marilyn!) called one day before Thanksgiving to tell me that my cousin from Portland brought pounds and more pounds of raspberries and he wanted me to make something for Thanksgiving dinner. Immediately, I thought about a dessert that would be light and bring something different to the table besides pumpkin or apple pie.
I decided to make the filling very light with sour cream and raspberries. The addition of the flour was only to give some body to the pie because I didn’t want to use gelatin. The crust recipe was the same one we used for the Leek Pumpkin Quiche. It is an easy crust recipe and worked so well for this recipe. To my surprise after the dinner this pie was the one that everyone tried and loved. I think by Thanksgiving Day everyone has had enough pumpkin “anything”… It feels that every year the pumpkin season has been starting earlier and earlier. Ludmilla loves everything pumpkin!!!
Did you see this video called Instagram Husband? It made me laugh so hard!! I love when they said “we used to eat our food…”. I have to confess that I was like that a year ago, now I have control. lol
- (makes 2 pies)
- Recipe crust
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⅓ c. sour cream
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- 1 c. white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ c. all purpose flour
- 3½ c. raspberries
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. all purpose flour
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- ¼ c. butter, chilled
- For the crust:
- Follow the recipe the same as for the quiche, but use 2 pie pans instead of quiche pans. This crust works great for this recipe. .
- For the filling:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix sugar, flour and salt together.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Pour filling into crusts and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the middle begins to set.
- Meanwhile, make the topping.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, flour and chopped nuts.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- Sprinkle pies with topping and return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely before serving.
Beijos e Tchau!