Remember the post on razor clams, and I told you that any leftover clams would make a great linguine?? Well, I made that exact dish with the leftover clams we had and some prawns we bought at the market……my oh my!! was it ever delicious!!!! So I wanted to post this quick and easy and healthy recipe for a speedy Monday night dinner….don’t be afraid to grill a little bread for dipping in the sauce….you won’t stop eating this dish!!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1 1/2 cups razor clam meat , chopped into half-inch pieces
- 8-10, size 16-20 prawns
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (loosely packed, chopped before measuring)
- Red chili pepper flakes, to taste (up to 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente.
At the same time, place a large saucepan over medium heat, add butter. As the butter is melted and heated, add onion, bacon, red pepper flakes and garlic, saute’ until tender and bacon is cooked, about 4 minutes.
Add prawns and razor clams and saute’ for 1-2 minutes
Reduce heat to medium-low, add wine and reduce to 1/2 c. before adding chicken stock and reduce briefly.
Add oregano, parsley, and tomatoes to the reduced sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss sauce with cooked linguine and Parmesan in large bowl.
Top with additional cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy it!
Beijos e Tchau!