Pumpkin puree sparkles in these chewy brigadeiro balls that are soft candies made with sweetened condensed milk, rolled in granulated. These Halloween pumpkin brigadeiro are totally kid-friendly and perfect for a Halloween candy feast.
The season is kicking in with the arrival of so many celebrations that makes happy kids and adults. I love Halloween, even though I wasn’t raised celebrating it, but I love to see all the decorations, the food and the excitement of the kids. It’s a such happy time around Halloween.
Fall is here along with all the flavors so typical of this season. As I said before in Brazil we use pumpkin in very few recipes and I have been adding it as much as I can in all of my Brazilian recipes, including brigadeiro. We posted before the recipe of the traditional brigadeiro.
This article “I Was an Everything Addict’: The Bizarre Transformation of Andrew Zimmern” touched me so much!! It is a such inspiring story. Reading about Andrew Zimmern early days and how he completely turned around himself into a person that gives so much pleasure to so many people it made me tear up.
- 1½ oz. butter
- 2 oz. white chocolate
- 1 oz. coconut
- 8 oz. canned pumpkin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Granulated orange sugar for rolling
- butter to grease you hands
- Mini candy paper liners
- Mix the condensed milk, pumpkin puree, butter, cinnamon and coconut in a saucepan (non-stick) over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring nonstop, until thickened, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Then grease your hands with butter and shape the brigadeiros into balls, using a tablespoon as measure.
- Roll each one in orange granulated sugar, and place in small paper cups or spider candle holders.
Beijos e Tchau!
Ludmilla and Marilyn Chudda