This easy pumpkin flan is a lighter alternative to pumpkin pie. It’s so easy to make!!
Last Thanksgiving I tried to give an American flair on a Brazilian desert staple…. flan. I mixed pumpkin and pumpkin spice to give that fall twist on one of the easiest dessert recipes. Everybody loved my new version of my Brazilian pumpkin flan!! It’s pumpkin enough, not over powering the traditional flan. I wanted to make individual portions and I wanted a “cute”shape so I decided to use a mini bundt muffin pan and it was a quite work. I couldn’t unmold the pumpkin flan in each container. I had to unmold in a sheet pan and with a spatula put each flan in the white container. If you individual muffin pan that you can directly unmold in the final dish is the best way to go. I learnt with my own mistake!! 🙂
For Christmas I am planning to make some of it to give as a present and also I want to make it with butternut squash.
Link of the day…
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces pumpkin pie mix
- Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups sugar
- I made the same way that I made the original Brazilian Flan.
- The only difference is this recipe you will add the spices and blend together.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, whisk the condensed milk, milk, eggs and spices until thoroughly combined (about 3 minute).
- Set the whole assembly in the oven and then pour enough hot water into the larger baking dish to come about halfway up the side of the cake pan.
- Swirl the sugar over the sides to completely cover the pan.
- To caramelize the sugar
- Add the sugar to a medium heavy saucepan over medium low heat.
- When sugar starts to melt, stir gently and occasionally until it starts to turns light, clear brown; do not let it burn.
- Bake it about 1 hour or you can also insert a toothpick in the center of the flan to check how soft it is.
- Remove the pudim/flan from the water bath and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, for a minimum of three hours.
- Before serving, run a thin knife around the edge of the flan, place a large flat plate over the pan, and flip quickly to unmold.
Don’t forget to PIN on your Dessert/Gluten Free boards on PINTEREST!
Beijos e Tchau!