If it was a couple of years ago I would never be writing a post about deviled eggs or eggs in general. I used to hate eggs in general, maybe an omelet here or there with a lot of veggies, cheese and ham so this way I couldn’t taste the egg. Life has changed since I decided to do one more different diet: a protein diet. In the morning, when it was time to eat broiled eggs I used to close my eyes, take a very deep breath, put a piece of egg in my mouth and drink coffee immediately. Of course, that diet didn’t last a long time. I was done with the diet and happily done with eggs. Years later here I am again struggling with the eggs. I really wanted to cut off any type of bread in my mornings and Marilyn started making scrambled eggs for me and very slowly I started enjoying it. Believe or not after 3 years eating eggs daily I can say that I really love them an it and changed my life. Here is an appetizer we served at our party: Kimchee deviled eggs. It’s a twist on the same old deviled eggs with kimchee giving the right amount of spiciness and the crunchiness of the bacon.
8 tablespoons plus 1 T. chopped kimchee
1/2 c. plus 3 T. fried bacon, chopped fine
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. dijon mustard
1. Hard boil the eggs for approximately 9 minutes.
2. When done put eggs into an ice bath to cool before peeling.
3. Gently peel your eggs and let them cool.
4. Slice eggs in half and pop the yolks into a bowl. Set the whites aside until you are ready to fill them.
5. Using a fork, break up the yolks until crumbly. Add the mayonnaise, dijon, 1/2 c. bacon and 8 T. kimchee and gently mix until the egg yolk mixture comes together. Add more mayonnaise or kimchi to your liking.
6. Scoop the filling into the waiting egg white halves and garnish with the reserved bacon and kimchee.
Beijos e Tchau!
Ludmilla and Marilyn Chudda