Brigadeiro Christmas trees are so festive and would be a such fun and delicious addition to any holiday party. The little glasses are filled with brigadeiro and on top is an ice cream cone covered with chocolate and crushed peppermint and M&Ms.
This dessert is also an option to make with the kids. I can see them getting super excited making it.
As you know. brigadeiro is a Brazilian staple dessert and you can make so many things with it. Some of our most viewed recipes: BRIGADEIRO PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE CUPS, BRIGADEIRO S’MORES, BRAZILIAN CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES and many others.
We used dark chocolate to cover the cones to give contrast and make these less sweet with the combination of the brigadeiro. You can add a strawberry, raspberry or toothpick wrapped with a message in the middle of the glass, so when the guests lift the cone there’s a surprise there. It’a all about being creative and festive.
The brigadeiro is slightly different for this recipe. We wanted brigadeiro with a pudding texture, so, we added a can of table cream. Besides helping with the texture, the table cream makes the brigadeiro less sweet.
Did you see this article “How to Make Your Eggnog Into Jello Shots“? If I have time before the end of the year I really want to make these.
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can table cream
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened chocolate powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- non-stick pan
- pinch of salt
- CHOCOLATE TREES
- 5 ice cream cones
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Crushed peppermint and M&Ms
- Place the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside, keeping it warm.
- Over medium-low heat, stir constantly the first four ingredients.
- Cook the mixture until it thickens (about 10 minutes) enough to show the pan bottom during stirring.
- Set aside to cool down, not cold. It's easy to pour into the glasses while still warm.
- CHOCOLATE TREES
- Paint the cones with the melted chocolate using a brush and leave for one minute or so before sticking on the peppermint or M&Ms.
- Don't paint too much the cones with chocolate! It will be harder to make the crushed candies stick.
- Repeat the process with all the cones.
- Let dry for one hour.
- Fill the the glasses with brigadeiro.
- Top off with the Christmas tree on top.
Beijos e Tchau!