Brigadeiro carrot muffin is a version of one of the most popular cakes in Brazil. This beautiful golden color comes along with one of the most moist cakes you have had in your life. It’s made in a blender and topped off with another Brazilian food staple:brigadeiro.
My idea of carrot cake is like that of all Americans….a dense, rich, moist cake with pieces of raisins and carrots and topped with cream cheese frosting…decadent, rich and heavy…sooo good!! But let me tell you about a different kind of carrot cake…a Brazilian carrot cake which is a staple in Brazilian households and so very different than what we are used to here. It’s light, airy and has a chocolate-type of frosting..What? Chocolate frosting on a carrot cake? Yes!!! And it’s sooooooo goooood!!! It’s so light that you could eat the whole cake!! Way !!!!!! This carrot muffin is so easy and delicious, even kids will love it and it is truly a CARROT muffin….Remember the Brigadeiro post? Here is where you can use that same “frosting” to top this muffin. Let me know what you think… You could also make it in a regular cake or loaf pan).
I watched the video on NPR and it brought tears to my eyes. It’s a wonderful story! Our lives could not be the same without our rescued dogs. They make us whole.
- 4-5 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Recipe brigadeiro
- Preheat the oven to 350 F..
- In a blender combine eggs, sugar, oil, and carrots.
- Blend on high until all is combined and is a pureed mixture.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to the pureed mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into a cake pan, cupcake pan or loaf pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry. (If using a bundt or cake pan, butter and flour pan before filling with batter).
- Meanwhile make the Chocolate Glaze - Brigadeiro.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it begins to boil, stirring constantly. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- When the cake is done let it cool.
- Once it is cool to touch, pour the brigadeiro chocolate glaze over it.
- The brigadeiro sauce is thick, so I like to spread over the cake while is warm.
- So, you can make before, but I suggest you to warm it up a little bit before to cover the cake.
- If the brigadeiro sauce is too thick you can add one spoon or two with milk.
Serve and enjoy with a fresh and strong brazilian coffee! Or any kind….