Brazilian flair no churn coconut ice cream with caramelized Brazil nuts and lots of chunks of fresh coconut. This delicious coconut ice cream requires only 3 ingredients.
Here is another easy ice cream (we have made a delicious avocado ice cream) that is perfect for using all the fresh coconuts available at stores and Farmers Market this time of the year. I have made it so many times in Brazil. If you are wondering what makes this coconut ice cream worth a post, it’s the creaminess and the big pieces of fresh coconut that you keep chewing while you are eating the ice cream. It’s a simple, quick and very yummy ice cream!!
If you are not familiar with opening a fresh coconut, it’s super easy. First, place the coconut on a hard, flat surface. Make a small hole in one end of the coconut (you will see 3 indentations where to do this on the coconut) using a screwdriver and a hammer. Pour the coconut water in a glass and drink it if you like. Whit a hammer smash the coconut to break it in pieces and remove the flesh from the shell. Now you need to mix the fresh coconut with rest of the ingredients and you will have a treat for the rest of the summer!! Enjoy it!
Link of the day…
I can’t believe that the Olympic ceremony is in two days!! How exciting is that?? I am super excited to watch as many competitions as I can!! Did you see this article “The Refugee Olympians in Rio” ?
- Ice Cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can coconut cream or milk
- Fresh coconut pieces from 1 small coconut
- Mint for garnish
- Caramelized Brazil Nuts
- 2 cups Brazil nuts, cut into thirds
- ⅔ c.sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. water
- Process the coconut in small pieces in a blender.
- Add the condensed milk and the coconut cream.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a container.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- For the Brazil nuts:
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Place nuts, sugar, vanilla, salt and water in a bowl and mix well
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread mixture and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir well and return to oven to bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Break into pieces and sprinkle on ice cream.
Beijos and Tchau!!BRAZILIAN FLAIR NO CHURN COCONUT ICE CREAM
- 1 lata de leite condensado
- 1 lata de creme de coco ou leite
- Pedaços de coco fresco de um coco pequeno
- Menta para decorar
- Castanhas-do-brasil Caramelizadas
- 2 copos de castanhas-do-Brasil, cortadas em terços
- ⅔ de xícara de açúcar
- ½ colher de chá de baunilha
- ½ colher de chá de sal
- ¼ de xícara de água
- Processar o coco em pequenos pedaços em um liquidificador.
- Adicione o leite condensado e o creme de coco.
- Bata por 2 minutos.
- Despeje em um recipiente.
- Congele durante pelo menos 6 horas.
- Para as castanhas-do-brasil
- Preaqueça o forno a 160°C.
- Coloque nozes, açúcar, baunilha, sal e água em uma tigela e misture bem
- Coloque em uma assadeira forrada com papel manteiga. Espalhe a mistura e leve ao forno por 10 minutos.
- Retire do forno, mexa bem e retorne ao forno para assar por mais 10 minutos.
- Retire do forno e deixe esfriar completamente.
- Quebre em pedaços e polvilhe sobre o sorvete.