Brazilian flair kit kat cheesecake is an easy, quick and delicious way to have a four layers of chocolate. It’s in the layer, in the smooth filling, the glaze and on top more crunchy Kit Kats.
We saw an amazing recipe on Tastemade that made us drool and want to do a Brazilian flair on it. Not only does it include Kit Kat bars on top, but also a chocolate ganache the we decided to make “Brazilian”. Oreo cookie crust is so delicious and we have used it before on our Nutella cheesecake and in the Ferrero Rocher cheesecake. But with this recipe we really wanted to use brigadeiro. So we decided to use it as the topping instead of ganache to give it a Brazilian flair and OMG…it was so delicious !!!
A few years ago people started calling Brigadeiro gourmet every time table cream was added to the recipe. We added it to our recipe to make it less sweet and it turned out perfect.
This cheesecake combines the best flavors of Oreos, cream cheese, butter, chocolate, Kit Kats and brigadeiro!! The brigadeiro that we made gives the topping a creamier and slightly lighter “frosting” than using straight ganache and because this cheesecake is so rich, we loved this option. With every bite you can taste the different layers of the chocolates. This is best served chilled and with a hot cup of coffee is an amazing pick me up for your afternoon snack! Of course, it would also be a great dessert for any occasion really. Enjoy!
Link of the day…
I haven’t mentioned one of my favorite blogs A Cup of Jo for a long time. I love all the posts even the posts that would not be interesting for me, for example, Motherhood. I love everything on that blog! I love this post written by Megan Cahn, My Biggest Wedding Question.
- 250g Oreo (9 oz.)
- 50g butter (1¾ oz.)
- 750g cream cheese (1 lb. 11oz)
- 5 eggs
- 200g Sugar (1 c.)
- 300g bitter-sweet chocolate (11 oz)
- 6 KitKat bars
- ½ can condensed milk
- ½ tb butter
- 1 Tb unsweetened cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- ½ can table cream
- Non-stick pan
- Grind the Oreos in a food processor, adding the butter and press into the base of a springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese with sugar, add eggs and finally the melted chocolate.
- Pouring on top of the Oreo base and bake in a preheated oven at 150 ° C (300 F) for 1 hour.
- Cut the Kit Kat bars into cubes.
- Melt the milk chocolate and mix in the cream.
- Put the Kit Kat over the pie and cover with brigadeiro.
- Add more kit Kat if you want to.
- Over medium-low heat, stir constantly the first four ingredients.
- Cook the mixture until it thickens (about 7 minutes) enough to show the pan bottom during stirring.
- You want a thick but still creamy "glaze".
Beijos and Tchau!!