Brazilian flair honey mustard chicken salad is vibrant, colorful and flavorful with a delicious and light honey mustard vinaigrette dressing. It’s impossible to not want to eat this salad for one week straight.
I am not kidding about that!! We made this salad, ate everything and the next day Marilyn said that she spent all day thinking about this salad for dinner. She made it again and when we were done we knew that if we had all the ingredients we would make it again. It was delicious!!
I don’t know if I’ve said it here before that I’ve been working in the food industry since I came here from Brazil. One of the many places was a salad place where you would build your own salad. I got this job because I really needed it… salad wasn’t on my top 10 list of my favorite foods to eat. I’ve always been on a diet, on and off, so when I was on one it was the time to eat salad. At the time, there were very little options for salad dressing in Brazil. So, my salad was basically tomatoes, lettuce and balsamic vinaigrette. Boring, right?! That’s why the diet never lasted more than one month!! lol
Going back to the salad place… I started working there and didn’t have any other option than to start eating salad. I remember that I started with Caesar salad which had more dressing, cheese and croutons than lettuce… lol Making it short… I started to love salads!! I started trying new salad dressings, different veggies and now I LOVE salad. I eat it every single day and often I get addicted to a specific one and crave it more than sweets. Miracles happen!! lol
On this salad Marilyn roasted bell peppers which gave the perfect sweetness, tenderness and smokiness as well as the roasted sweet corn. She added fresh cherry tomatoes and avocado. Also, we used the delicious Mango Salsa. The dressing is the same as the honey mustard marinade used in the chicken. Enjoy it.
Link of the day…
- 12 ea. chicken thighs, boned out
- 12 T. olive oil
- ½ c. cider vinegar
- 6 T. whole grain mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 3 tsp. salt
- ½ T. ground cumin
- 1 T. ground coriander
- 1 T. chile powder
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 c. Roasted corn
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
- Fresh diced avocados
- Roasted red and yellow bell peppers
- Mango salsa
- For the dressing:
- All of the same ingredients as above
- Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, juices, brown sugar, salt, cumin, coriander, chile powder and oregano in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Put chicken pieces into a large ziplock bag and add marinade.
- Combine well and refrigerate at least 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook, skin side up, until temperature reaches 165F.
- Let rest before slicing.
- Prepare your salad by placing veggies on top.
- Place chicken in the middle and drizzle with dressing.
- Top with cilantro sprigs.
- For the dressing
- Using a medium bowl, combine all the same ingredients as above, cutting the brown sugar to ½ c.
- Add ½ c. chopped cilantro.
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
Beijos and Tchau!