Brazilian flair dulce de leche flan is another Brazilian dessert that is super easy to make with only a few ingredients and it’s covered with warm dulce de leche.
I love flan! We have done it before: the Brazilian traditional, and now we are bringing another with a twist that is very popular in Brazil: dulce de leche. The flan itself is not too sweet, so the warm dulce de leche complements it in a perfect way.
I don’t know if you know that in Brazil, all households has dulce de leche in a jar in their refrigerator. It;s either been made at home or was bought at the Farmers Market. In Brazil, we use dulce de leche in cakes, for churros and also we use with with fresh cheese. You know about the white Mexican cheese, queso fresco, that is kind of soft? In Brazil we have something very similar that we eat with dulce de leche too. So, dulce de leche is the type of sweet that is always there when you need it the most. lol
I read this article “The Independent Mother of Iceland” that is so interesting!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 tb. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cans of dulce de leche
- Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups sugar
- Little bit of water
- Dulce de leche
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Set the whole assembly in the oven and then pour enough hot water into the larger baking dish to come about halfway up the side of the cake pan.
- Bake it about 1 hour or you can also insert a toothpick in the center of the flan to check how soft it is.
- Remove the flan from the water bath and let cool to room temperature.
- Unmold the flan and pour warm dulce de leche all over.
- Caramel Sauce
- To caramelize the sugar: Add the sugar to a medium heavy saucepan over medium low heat.
- When sugar starts to melt, stir gently and occasionally until it starts to turns light, clear brown; do not let it burn.
Beijos and Tchau!