This Brazilian flair creamy corn cake has a texture very similar to a pudding with a very fresh flavor of sweet corn and on top we drizzled warm condensed milk.
Corn Cake..sweet, savory and delicious…this is definitely a Brazilian tradition! When Ludmilla first told me about this cake I was like…ok…Not excited about it…but when I took my first bite!! HELLO!!! I told her it was the best cake I’ve ever eaten!!! Why was this? For me it was the creamy corn texture, the slightly sweet flavor and the delicious warm condensed milk to top it off!!! This is definitely a different type of flavor profile than we have here in the US!!! This is typical of Brazilian cakes. I have found that they have a more savory component and a little less sweetness!!!
Ps. Serve this cake warm to keep it even more moist. We don’t have a microwave, so we warm it up in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.
All social media has been talking about the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, Brazil, regarding the water and all of the pollution they have their. Yesterday, Marilyn heard a radio program about the boom of pesticides in Brazil. It’s just unbelievable!!!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 4 cups fresh sweet corn
- 1 cup milk
- 50 gr butter
- 3 eggs
- 100gr shaved unsweet coconut
- 3oz shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup white flour
- 1 tbsp baking power
- Preheat the oven to 400 and butter and flour the pan before filling with batter.
- Add all the ingredients in a blender with the exception of the baking power until everything is mixed. Add the baking power and blend for another minute.
- Let it bake for 1 hour.
- When you do the toothpick test it will come out wet because of the parmesan cheese and fresh corn. Add the condensed milk to the cake.
Beijos e Tchau!
BRAZILIAN FLAIR CREAMY CORN CAKE
- 1 lata de leite de coco
- 2 latas de milho fresco (usa a lata como medida)
- 1 lata de leite condensado
- 1 xícara de leite
- 50 gr de manteiga
- 3 ovos grandes
- 100 gr de coco
- ½ xícara de farinha de trigo
- 1 colher cheia de fermento em pó
- Asse o bolo usando o forno em temperatura média.
- Bata tudo no liquidificar deixando por ultimo o fermento em pó.
- Adicione o fermento e bate mais um pouco ate a mistura ficar homogênea.