Brazilian flair coconut lime salad has so many tropical flavors it makes this salad light and delicious!! It’s gluten and dairy free!!
Last week Ludmilla and I were definitely in a chicken salad mood. Here is yet another version of a chicken salad we absolutely loved!
Ludmilla had bought a bunch of chicken breasts and I wasn’t happy and here’s why. I love the moistness and flavor of chicken thighs. I feel that chicken breasts are too dry and not flavorful. Well, this week has been a great test of making delicious chicken breast recipes and for us this means salads. I’ve done marinades for the chicken and I couldn’t be happier. I’m not sure why I hesitate as I do marinades all the time for barbecues, but with salads I guess I just don’t get as excited. I think that this salad has been my favorite so far. I love the buttermilk marinade which made the chicken super flavorful and moist. With the addition of the roasted vegetables and the cilantro coconut lime dressing with we both died for this!!! This is one salad we will have over and over again!
You can use different toppings also!! Yesterday, after cooking all day for the blog we were exhausted at the end of the night.We had lime shrimp (like cocktail shrimp) in our fridge, I made this salad dressing again, added tomatoes and we had a completely different salad using the same dressing.
Link of the day…
Every year a type of food comes up as a bad one!! These days bread seems be the worst thing you can ever eat. Reading this article “Is Sushi ‘Healthy’? What about Granola? Where Americans and Nutritionist disagree. It just reaffirms that everything in moderation is just fine!! I would never give up my bread! I don’t eat it everyday, but I eat it on my days off without any guilt.
- 6 chicken breasts
- For the chicken marinade
- 2 c. Buttermilk
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 T. Garlic, minced
- 2 T. Ancho Chile
- 2 tsp. Coriander
- 2 tsp. Cumim
- 1 tsp. Tumeric
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- ½ c. Cilantro
- 1 tsp. Malagueta peppers, minced with 1 tsp. Of It's oil added.
- For the dressing
- 1 c. Cilantro leaves
- 3 T. Lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 T. Rice wine vinegar
- 1 c. Coconut milk
- 1 T. Sugar
- Kosher salt
- Red pepper flakes
- For the salad
- Roasted corn (salt, pepper, oil and dry oregano)
- Roasted poblano peppers
- Roasted red onions
- Black beans
- Cherry tomatoes
- Corn chips of your coice
- (on the salad we combined the corn and black beans together)
- Combine buttermilk, lime zest and juice, garlic, ancho Chile, coriander, cumim, tumeric, dried oregano, cilantro, malagueta peppers and malagueta oil and mix well.
- Place into a ziplock bag with the chicken breasts and Let Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to Cook chicken, Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and Place on a lined sheet pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and wrap in bacon
- (As many pieces as you like)
- Return to oven.
- Cook for another 20 minutes until chicken reaches 165F and bacon is cooked.
- If you like a crispy bacon, Place wrapped chicken under broiler for 3 minutes until crispy.
- Set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- For the dressing
- Combine cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, rice wine vinegar, coconut milk, sugar salt and pepper flakes in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Dress greens with the cilantro coconut dressing and plate.
- Place all vegetables around and slices chicken in the middle.
- Garnish with crushed corn chips.
Don’t forget to PIN!!
Beijos and Tchau!