Brazilian flair chocolate bowl with lime mousse is a fun and delicious combination of the richness of the the white chocolate with the light and delightful flavor of the lime mousse.
Passion fruit and lime mousse are the most popular mousses made with fruit in Brazil. They are so easy to make, fast and delicious. We’ve made the passion fruit mousse before and I wish we could find more easily and less expensive passion fruit in Seattle. I’ve tried to buy some online but they were dry inside and it was expensive. I will try to buy passionfruit again this year because I love it.
Today we are celebrating three years of our blog!! I can’t believe that! Time flies… The last three years a lot of things have happened to our lives and to the blog. We’ve thought about quitting many times and something great happened and gave us the boost that we needed to keep going for awhile. Our blog ride has been a roller coaster. It’s a lot of work, especially when we both have full time jobs and we use our days off to cook, take photos and post here. We have learned so much in this journey that we are very happy to celebrate this three year anniversary. Thank you to everyone who has supported our blog, given us great feedback and followed us over this time. It’s because of you that we continue to grow, cook and post what we love. Thank you!!
- 1 bag white Ghirardelli chocolate (11oz/312g)
- 6 ballons
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can [creme de leitehttp://www.amazon.com/Nestlé-Table-Cream-Creme-Leite/dp/B00D31FJ0E?ie=UTF8&keywords=creme%20de%20leite&qid=1461376851&ref_=sr_1_1_a_it&sr=8-1]
- 6 limes (depending the size of it) fresh juice
- Lime zest
- CHOCOLATE BOWL
- Blow up balloons and put aside.
- Don't blow them to be bigger.
- Whatever size you blow up the balloon to be will be the size of your chocolate bowl.
- Melt your chocolate in a boiler.
- Only let the water simmer.
- Do not allow it to boil or you may burn the chocolate and don't mix to much to make the chocolate hard.
- Let the chocolate cool for 5 in a bowl that is sized so that you can dip your balloon into the bowl.
- The chocolate can't be so hot that it will pop the balloon (it happened to us!! Chocolate everywhere..)
- Dip the balloon in chocolate, trying to swirl the whole ballon and dip the balloon again to make an even coat.
- Slowly swirl the balloon around to make an even coat.
- Then lift the balloon and put in sheet pan over a waxed paper.
- Take the balloons to the fridge for 10 minutes or until firm.
- With a stick/knife pop the balloons and let the chocolate get warmer.
- Let the "warm" for 10 minutes it would be easy to take off the balloons.
- After that pour the lime mousse.
- Grated lime zest all over.
- LIME MOUSSE
- Blend condensed mild and creme de leite for one minute.
- Pour the lime juice and blend again for about 3 minutes.
- It's up to you the consistence of the mousse.
- The citrus of the lime juice will naturally make the mix hard.
Beijos and Tchau!!