Brazilian flair carrot pancakes are a version of one of the most famous carrot cakes in Brazil. It’s super easy and fast to make. On top we drizzled Nutella syrup and chocolate sprinkles.
I have loved Brazilian Carrot Cake since the first time that Ludmilla made it for me. It was so different than American carrot cake. It was pure carrot and with the addition of brigadiero sauce on top…OMG…it was like nothing else I had ever had. Since then, we have made muffins from the same recipe and we really wanted to make another variation. So, Ludmilla suggested a pancake….WHAAT???? I thought it was a great idea! So we made them with the same recipe and they turned out amazing! Super fluffy, moist and delicious! Instead of brigadeiro we topped them with a nutella sauce that really made them special. You could add bananas, syrup, jam, or whatever you wanted. They cook very quickly because they are like little cakes so don’t overdo it. It’s so amazing that this recipe is so versatile. We have some ideas of using this same batter for future recipes so standby!! Try these! Even kids would love them! Enjoy!
Link of the day….
Have you ever eat dirt?! We haven’t!! Some people have been eating dirty...
- 3-4 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Nutella Syrup
- ½ cup Nutella
- 2 tb heavy cream
- Chocolate sprinkle
- In a blender combine eggs, sugar, oil, and carrots.
- Blend on high until all is combined and is a pureed mixture.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to the pureed mixture and mix well.
- Set aside.
- Heat small amounts of oil onto the preheated griddle or cast iron skillet and ladle amount desired of pancake batter onto surface.
- When top of pancakes show bubbles, flip to cook the other side.
- Cook until golden.
- Set to keep warm in a 200F oven.
- *Nutella Syrup"
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it begins to boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour the Nutella "syrup" over it.
- Sprinkle chocolate on top.
Beijos and Tchau!