Brazilian Flair Brownie sandwich filled with warm dulce de leche and served with vanilla ice cream is a way to give a new flair to any brownie recipe.
Marilyn made this super moist and dense brownie that is delicious but I really wanted to add something to it. I had an open can of dulce de leche in my fridge that I really wanted to use. So, I thought to make mini sandwiches using a shot glass to cut the brownies in circles. I warmed up de dulce de leche and filled a pastry bag and added it on top of the brownie sandwich and we had it with ice cream. It was delicious!! We had our Brazilian friends at our house and they loved it. Actually, Mari helped me to take these photos!! Thank you, Mari!!
It’s a super easy way and pretty to serve this simple but still flavorful dessert!!
Did you see this video “asking kids to name their dream dinner date reveals they’d choose mum and dad over any celebrity (but their parents named Justin Bieber and Kim K!)”? I was so surprised with the parent’s answers!! I thought at least half of them would answer differently, but they did not!! While I was watching the first seconds of the video I thought immediately that I WOULD LOVE to have dinner one more time with my brother who passed way. Can you imagine if we had this option in our lives?? It would be awesome!! And you?? Who you would love to have a dinner?
- 1¼ sticks (10 T) unsalted butter
- 1¼ c. sugar
- ¾ c plus 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. all purpose flour
- 1 can Dulce de leche
- Your favorite vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a 9x13 in pan and line with parchment paper.
- Grease parchment paper lightly.
- You want the brownies to be thinner than normal because you will be making cookies out of them.
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and salt in a medium heatproof bowl and set the bowl over barely simmering water.
- Stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth .
- Set aside to cool to medium heat.
- Stir in vanilla and add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until well combined.
- Pour into the lined pan and bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out slightly moist.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- When cooled, with a shot glass cut the brownie in circles and put aside.
- Fill the pastry bag with warm dulce de leche.
- Add to the brownie.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Beijos e Tchau!!