Brazilian flair brigadeiro is a simple but delicious Brazilian dessert that is very similar to chocolate truffles. Super easy and take five minutes to make these delicious balls. In Brazil it is the most popular candy and is traditionally served at all kinds of Brazilian birthday parties, weddings and formal dinners.
I LOVE brigadeiro! Brigadeiro is that type of sweet that when you are in your house opening your pantry, looking for something sweet to eat and you see a can of condensed milk… you know what to do with it!!! At least in Brazil, we do lol! With a brigadeiro recipe you can make glazes/frostings, you can make layers with brigadeiro and fruits for cakes… there are so many ways to eat brigadeiro!! I remember when I was a kid, fighting with my brothers to eat the leftovers in the pan… childhood memories!!!
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1½ tablespoons of 100% unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Non-stick pan
- Pinch of salt
- Over medium-low heat, stir constantly the first three ingredients.
- Cook the mixture until it thickens (about 10 minutes) enough to show the pan bottom during stirring (it will be firm enough to stay together and not spread).
- Pour into a greased dish and let cool to room temperature.
- Grease your hands with butter and take small amounts of candy and form into 1½ inch balls.
- Roll the balls in chocolate sprinkles to decorate.
- Serve them in little paper cups! If you have kids they would love to help you to make them!!
Don’t forget to PIN!!
Beijos e Tchau!!
BRAZILIAN FLAIR BRIGADEIRO
- 1 lata de leite condensado
- 3 colheres de chocolate em pó sem açúcar
- 1 colher de manteiga
- Pitada de sal
- Misturar os três ingredientes numa panela com fogo médio misturando sem parar até desgrudar da panela.
- Cozinhe a mistura até engrossar (cerca de 10 minutos), o suficiente para mostrar o fundo da panela (que vai ser firme o suficiente para enrolar).
- Despeje em um prato untado e deixe esfriar em temperatura ambiente.
- Unte as mãos com manteiga e enrole no formato de pequenas bolinhas.
- Passe as bolas no chocolate granulado para decorar.
- Sirva-os em pequenas forminhas de papel.