Brazilian flair brigadeiro skillet cookie is a mix of an American cookie with the most famous Brazilian dessert, brigadeiro. With the addition of a scoop of ice cream on top, it’s impossible to stop eating!
This last week we were both craving some serious chocolate, but didn’t want the traditional cookie. So, we decided to make a different kind of cookie. We wanted to combine the American style cookie with a Brazilian twist! We made a delicious cookie in a skillet instead of individual cookies and it turned out amazing!
With the addition of brigadeiro (you know this as we’ve used it before in many recipes!) this is a different style of chocolate cookie! Ludmilla likes more of a plain cookie dough, but if you like more chocolate, you can add more brigadeiro! With pieces of brigadeiro placed in the cookie before it bakes and topped with chocolate sprinkles, this is a decadent and fun cookie to share as a dessert after a relaxing summer party!
Link of the day…
What an awesome initiative!!! Celebrity Chefs Turn Wasted Olympics Food Into Meals for Homeless. I can’t imagine how surprised and greatful the people were to have delicious food waiting for them without knowing that the food was made by the renowned Chef Boturra. Boturra just won the best restaurant in the world.
- 2¼ c. All purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) softened butter
- ¾ c. Sugar
- ¾ c. Packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Brigadeiro rolled into small balls
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Your favorite ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Lightly grease a medium skillet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a kitchenaid mixer, combine softened butter and both sugars and mix until well combined and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and mix until well combined.
- While mixer is on low, slowly add dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just combined.
- Press mixture into the skillet and dot the dough with the brigadeiro balls.
- Top with chocolate sprinkles
- Bake in the oven until cookie is golden on top and cooked through, approximately 40-45 min.
- Add a scoop of ice cream
Beijos and Tchau!!