Brazilian Flair brigadeiro cake is a mix of the most classic desserts in Brazil. You will need just a few ingredients and will experience a little of piece of Brazilian flavors in your mouth.
Flan (pudim in Portuguese) is the kind of dessert that you would find at anyone’s house on a weekend in Brazil. It’s delicious, it’s cold (perfect for Brazil’s weather) and it’s so easy to make. Brigadeiro, on the other hand, is also easy to make, however, you’re more likely to find it at any party, anytime, in Brazil.
This Brazilian Flair brigadeiro flan cake is a combination of the two desserts and it’s delicious. Rich and super moist because there’s no flour and it’s cooked in a water bath which gives it the consistency of a flan. We poured more brigadeiro sauce on top, sprinkled some chocolate and added fresh strawberries. We love the combination of chocolate and fresh strawberries, who doesn’t, right?!
Our flan cake took one hour and 30 minutes. I have done it before in different ovens that were a little less or a little more, so it will depend on your oven. When it’s time to make the toothpick test remember that it’s a flan, so it should come out a little moist…don’t overcook it! We have made a Brazilian Coconut Flan Cake that was delicious!! Check it out on our blog!!
We read all the time David Leibovitz!! He post a recipe of Chicken bulgogi that I can’t wait to make. I love Korean food! I am so enthusiastic for this recipe! I really hope he develops more Korean recipes!
- In a blender add all the ingredients, except the granulated chocolate and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake pan with a hole in the middle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake in a water bath for 1 hour 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out "clean".
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Unmold the cake.
- Make the brigadeiro sauce with what is left in the can.
- Pour brigadeiro sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the granulated chocolate or chocolate sprinkles.
- Add the fresh strawberries.
- Brigadeiro Sauce
- We used the rest of the can with one teaspoon of the chocolate powder, one teaspoon of butter and a pinch of salt.