Brazilian flair brigadeiro chocolate cups with homemade whipped cream and fresh strawberries are an easy, delicious and cute dessert that will impress any guest.
These little cups are made with dark chocolate. The filling is a Brazilian coconut mixture that we have made before and used in so many recipes (like this brownie and this cake), and brigadeiro “mousse” in which we added whipped cream to make it less sweet and more smooth. It turned out simply perfect!!! On top we added more whipped cream and fresh strawberries. I love chocolate with any fruit!
This recipe is not expensive, but will require a little time. When we made these chocolate cups for the first time we didn’t spread the melted chocolate evenly and the sides weren’t thick enough. So, when we unwrapped the chocolate cups they broke. Make sure to spread the chocolate evenly and make the sides thick. You will love this dessert. Enjoy it!
Link of the day…
“How to buy a Knife” article has some pointers in what to look for in good knives. Marilyn has written an amazing post regarding all kinds of knives. It’s worth a read to learn more or if you are looking to buy one.
- Chocolate Cups
- 7 oz. dark chocolate
- Aluminum cups for the chocolate cups.
- For the Filling
- 1 recipe brigadeiro
- ½ c. Whipping cream
- 1 c. Condensed milk
- 1½ c. Unsweetened coconut shreds
- Strawberries, sliced
- For the Chocolate Cups
- Divide the chocolate into 5.5 oz and 1.5 portions
- In a double boiler melt the 5.5 oz. chocolate.
- Take off of the heat and stir in the 1.5 oz. portion until smooth.
- Pour into the cups and swirl around until coated. Pour excess back into remaining chocolate.
- Chill until set.
- Make brigadeiro and chill slightly
- Whip cream until stiff and fold ¼-1/2 of the cream into the brigadeiro until combined.
- Save extra whipped cream for the topping.
- Chill until ready to fill.
- Coconut filling
- Heat 1 c. Condensed milk and coconut shreds until simmering.
- Cook until reduced and thick.
- Cool until ready to fill chocolate cups.
- When ready
- Peel the foil away from the Chocolate cups.
- Place the cups onto a platter for plating.
- Place 1 T. Coconut filling into the bottom of the cup.
- Place 2 T. Brigadeiro on top.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Place strawberries on top.
Don’t forget to PIN on your Dessert or Chocolate board!!
Have a great weekend!!
Beijos and Tchau!!