Brazilian flair açai (ah-sah-EE) cheesecake is a no-bake dessert with a granola-coconut crunchy crust topped with açai sauce. It’s an easy and delicious cheesecake made with açai, one of the most nutritious fruits on earth that comes from Brazil.
Açai berry is a small, round, deep purple fruit obtained from the acai palm tree. This Brazilian fruit is loaded with healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, protein, fiber and other essential nutrients. Açai became very popular in U.S the last couple years but in Brazil it has always been one of the most popular fruits that we eat, blended like pulp with fresh fruits and granola. I have seen açai in powered form and so many other ways except the way that I am used to eating it. Finally, I found it at a Brazilian store in frozen pulp form and we have been making a lot of recipes with it.
The first one was this cheesecake that we love!! We put the açai sauce on top but you can mix it in the cheesecake and that would be delicious too. We made extra sauce because we knew we would use it later. On the recipe we will put the amount we used, but you can divide the amount.
Did you see the Helen Mirren Has Tea with Dying Boy After Actual Queen Say No. She is such an elegant women. She never disappoints!!
- 500g Cream Cheese
- 1 can of condensed milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 100 gr of your favorite granola
- 50 g of Grahan Crackers
- 50g unsweetened coconut flakes
- 100 g of cold butter
- Açai Sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 100 g of açaí pulp
- In a mixer add the Cream Cheese, the condensed milk and lemon juice, beating until completely incorporated.
- Use an individual mold with a removable bottom.
- In a food process blend all the ingredients of the crust to form a homogeneous mass.
- Press this mixture into the shape of a layer 2 inches high.
- Pour the cheesecake over this crust.
- Bring to the refrigerator until firm and, preferably overnight.
- Açai sauce
- Mix the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until reduced and forms a thick syrup.
- The açai needs to be refrigerated to get thicker. Better to pour over the next day.
- When the cheesecake is ready, unmold and top with açaí sauce.
Beijos and Tchau!