Brazilian cheese bread skillet pizza is delicious, gluten free, cheesy and very easy to make. A pizza made in a cast iron skillet with a cheesy dough and a caprese topping on it. This cheese bread pizza is seriously the best.
As we said before, Brazilian cheese bread is growing in popularity here in the U.S and it’s so nice to see major American stores carrying it besides the local Brazilian stores. We have tried a couple different brands of Brazilian cheese breads, but they don’t even compare to Brazi Bites. Their cheese bread is gluten free, have no preservatives and you can find them in 4 different flavors: original, garlic asiago, bacon and jalapeño pepper jack. These are only a few of the reasons why we contacted Brazi Bites to create a partnership to develop recipes using their cheese bread.
As you know we love to share great food and we want to show how versatile the Brazilian cheese bread dough is. Besides the traditional cheese bread balls, the cheese bread soup bowl, the stuffed Brie we have made many recipes using Brazilian cheese bread, and now we made this gooey and yummy pizza. We want to create many more recipes using this gluten free dough. The pizza took 45 minutes from to opening the Brazi Bites bag to cutting the pizza and eating it. This Brazilian pizza is perfect for the weekdays when you want something fast, delicious and you can use whatever you have in your fridge. We had in our mind that we wanted to make something very summery because we have Heirloom tomatoes in our garden, but we could have made it with marinara and pepperoni or Hawaiian style. It doesn’t matter what toppings you use because anything on top of this cheese pizza would be just amazing!
Link of the day…
Usually our link of the day is related to food but today it’s going to be a little different. It’s all about the Olympics!! I love the Olympics and this year Brasil is hosting and so far is doing a great job. Did you watch the opening?? I loved it! My favorites were the acrobatic floor and when Santos-Dumont flies out of stadium. It was so beautiful!!! What part was your favorite?
- 35 pieces Brazi Bites cheese bread Brazi Bites cheese bread
- ¼ cup garlic cloves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- Fresh black pepper
- Mint for garnish
- Reduced balsamic
- 1 oz parmesan
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 Heirloom tomato cut into slices
- Fresh basil sprigs
- Make the garlic puree by simmering garlic cloves in oil until soft.
- Strain garlic from the oil and process in a food processor until smooth. Set aside, saving garlic oil.
- Combine parmesan, ricotta and 2 T. garlic puree until smooth.
- Remove the Brazi Bites bag from the freezer and defrost for at least 2 hours.
- (The cheese bread needs to be soft.)
- Combine all Brazi Bites together and knead into one large ball. Set aside.
- On a marble or stainless table surface ,spread olive oil to keep dough from sticking.
- Drizzle olive oil on your hands too.
- Next, coat a cast iron or round baking dish with extra virgin olive oil.
- Press your dough down into the pan and push it up around the sides about 1 to 1.5 inches.
- With a fork poke the pizza dough all over.
- Brush the dough with some of the garlic oil.
- Add the parmesan/ricotta mixture on top.
- Add fresh mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the dry oregano and on top.
- Bake until the cheeses melts. and crust is golden, 35-40 minutes.
- Add the fresh heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Drizzle reduced balsamic on top.
- Add fresh pepper.
- Remove pizza from skillet and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN ON YOUR GLUTEN-FREE/PIZZA BOARD ON INTEREST!!
Beijos and Tchau!