Avocado brings color and flavor to this delicious Brazilian avocado cheesecake. I love them in smoothies, ice-cream, tarts and in cheesecake. The filling of this cheesecake is light and very ‘moussey’ with a rich creamy flavor that goes perfectly with tart lime.
I said before on the Brazilian avocado smoothie that until I moved to the U.S I never had avocado in a savory way. So, this cheesecake brings all my sweet memories from Brazil. It’s a perfect Brazilian Flair in the USA dessert.
I read this article in The New York Times “From Divorce, a Fractured Beauty” that was so beautiful. My favorite part was “Happy families are not all alike. Some are fractured and misshapen. To appreciate them, you have to adjust your line of sight, your level of expectation. They have seams and scars. But they are beautiful, still, in their odd imperfect way.”
- For the graham cracker crust
- 1 c. shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1½ c. graham cracker crumbs
- 14 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 T. sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- For the filling
- 2½ medium hass avocados
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 4-5 T. fresh lime juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Lime zest for garnish
- For the crust
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush a springform pan with some of the melted butter.
- Combine all the rest of the ingredients together.
- The crust should stick together when pinched between your fingers.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Be careful not to leave any cracks or holes.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack before filling.
- For the filling
- Halve the avocados, take out the pits and dice.
- Add to a kithchenaid mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Begin to mix and add the cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice and salt.
- Mix until well combined, fluffy and smooth.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the filling so plastic is pressed directly on top to keep the avocado from turning color.
- Chill overnight.
- When ready slice, remove from the springform pan.
- Garnish with lime zest and slice with a wet knife.
Have a great weekend!
Beijos e Tchau!