Brazi Bites sausage stuffing or dressing is one of the best Thanksgiving recipes you can make this year. It’s so flavorful and delicious! It’s a combination of sweet and savory together and gluten-free!!
The advantage of this recipe besides being gluten-free is that the Brazilian cheese bread has so much flavor! It is is chewy and crunchy at the same time because we baked it twice! We added Italian sausage, crunchy celery and dried cranberries to the mix and it turned out to be the best stuffing we’ve ever had. Simply delicious!!
Link of the day…
The election is over and we still in shock!! God bless America!! Here were “The Best Election Day Tweets from Food Personalities Across the Country”
- 14 c. Brazi Bites, cooked and cut into cubes (2-3 bags)
- 8 T. Unsalted butter
- 2 c. Onions, small diced
- 1 c. Celery, small diced
- 2 T. Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 2 T. Sage, chopped fine
- 1 T. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1½ lb. Italian sausage
- 1½ c. Chicken stock
- 1 c. Dried cranberries
- 2 T. Dried porcini
- Cook Brazi Bites per instructions and set aside.
- When cooled, cut Brazi Bites into halves or quarters and place onto a baking sheet.
- Cook at 400F. Until cheesebread becomes dried/crouton texture, approximately 15-20 min. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, and celery and saute until soft.
- Add Italian parsley and sage and saute for another minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same pan, Saute the Italian sausage until cooked through and set aside.
- Heat chicken stock over low heat and add dried porcini. When it comes to a simmer turn off and let sit for 10-15 min.
- To assemble the stuffing:
- In a large bowl add the Brazi Bites croutons,sauteed onions and celery mixture and combine. Add the Italian sausage, the chicken stock with porcini and the cranberries.
- Mix well. If you feel you need more moisture, add more stock now.
- Butter a dish of your choice, (we used a 9 in.pie pan x2) and pour stuffing into the dish.
- Bake at 300 for 25-30 minutes until browned and heated through.
- Serve alongside your Thanksgiving table!
Don’t forget to PIN on your Brazilian cheese bread/Bread/Gluten free boards on PINTEREST!!
Beijos and Tchau!