This has to be one of my favorite recipes using brazi bites so far! When I was thinking about a desert for Thanksgiving the first thing I thought of was apple pie. Of course pumpkin and pecan pies are delicious too, but I really love apple pie! Then when I was thinking about how to incorporate brazi bites into a pie it was a no brainer!!
Cheese and apples are a perfect combination! How many times have you seen a cheese plate with apples, or cheese and apples as an afternoon snack. All the time! This is a classic combination! So here we are! These little brazi bites apple pies are sweet with a hint of cheesy goodness added in. The individual sizes are perfect for a desert table at any holiday gathering. These could also be served with ice cream as the ideal end to your Thanksgiving celebration. Make sure to serve these warm!!! They are so good you’re going to make these all year long with your favorite filling!
Link of the day…
I really want to make this cake!!
- For the Pie Bites
- 1 Bag Brazi Bites Original, defrosted
- 2 C. Apples, peeled, cored and diced (we used granny smith and honeycrisp)
- Thinly sliced apples for on top ( we used the same granny smith and honeycrisp)
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2 T. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Granulated sugar
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Cinnamon Sugar (1/4 c. Sugar plus 1 T. Ground cinnamon combined)
- Vegetable oil
- For the caramel sauce
- 1 c. Sugar
- ¼ c. Water
- ½ c. Heavy cream
- 2 T. Unsalted butter
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Directions for the pies:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and cook for 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Add diced apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Lower heat and cook until apples are tender and sauce is reduced. Set aside to cool while you prepare the brazi bites.
- WIth lightly oiled hands, knead together 2 brazi bites into a ball, and place on an oiled cookie sheet. Press down in the middle to create a small "pie" shaped shell. Continue until desired amount of pies are formed.
- Place 1 tsp of the apple filling in each pie and top with 2 apple slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and place in oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking.
- Remove and drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve warm.
- For the caramel sauce:
- In a medium saucepan place 1 c. Sugar and ¼ c. Water and cook without stirring over medium heat until it becomes amber colored.
- In a small saucepan heat cream until warmed. Slowly add to the sugar mixture, whisking to combine and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Off the heat whisk in butter and salt.
- Drizzle over brazi bites pies.
Don’t forget to PIN on your Brazilian Cheese Bread/Gluten Free/Dessert boards on Pinterest!!
Beijos and Tchau!!