Bacon cheesy potato stacks are crunchy on the outside from the baked cheese and moist inside from the cream with lots of layers of cheese and bacon. These are perfect to be served anytime of the day and perfect to be served as a side dish with any meal.
I am not a big fan of potatoes in general. I don’t dislike them but I never buy them to make at home or ever order them in a restaurant. There’s an exception to this… baked potatoes with lots of bacon, sour cream and cheese that I eat every single Thanksgiving at Marilyn’s aunt’s house. To be honest basically I eat potatoes once a year. I saw at RecipeTin Eats this cheesy potato gratin that I wanted to try immediately. We made it three times adding more cheese and new ingredients such as bacon and cream cheese and it became for us the perfect bacon cheesy potato stack. It’s just delicious!! We couldn’t stop eating these potato stacks!!
- 1 - 12 tin muffin pan
- Canola spray for the muffin tin
- ½ pound bacon, cut into small dice, cooked until crisp, and set aside.
- 3.3 lbs Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced on a mandoline into thin slices.
- 2-3 T. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- ½ c. cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c.mixed cheese, ( we used a combination of parmesan, gruyere and cream cheese
- 2 T. Fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place butter, garlic and cream into a small saucepan and heat on low until simmered.
- Set aside.
- In a 12 tin muffin pan....spray well.
- Place potato slices halfway up the tin.
- Layer ½ of the cheese , 1 T. thyme and ½ of the bacon ½ way up the tin. Drizzle with ½ of the cream mixiture over the top.
- Top with remaining potato slices.
- Top with remaining cream, bacon and thyme and bake for 35 Min. covered with foil.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
I read this article in The New York Times “True Love” that makes me smile and tear up a bit. We love our dogs Chloe and Julia Child so much!! We invest so much time and energy on them that sometimes we feel exhausted but it’s so worth it every time they make us laugh.
Beijos e Tchau!!!
Have a great week!